Better Back Program
The Better Back Program is specifically designed for back pain patients who need a highly structured, individual, and research-based program to regain mobility, strength, core stability and general fitness.
People who would benefit from the program
- Back pain sufferers in need of increased core stability and strength to regain function.
- De-conditioned patients in need of an increase in independent activity and fitness levels.
- Worker’s compensation patients who have reached a plateau with hands on therapy and management.
- Chronic pain sufferers who are becoming more inactive and pain focused.
- Patients who have had orthopaedic surgery for lumbar spine problems and need more active intervention.
- Post natal women needing to regain core stability and strength.
- Back Pain patients needing to lose weight and improve fitness to reduce blood pressure, depression and fatigue.
What is involved…
This comprehensive program involves a detailed 1 hour initial assessment followed by the implementation of a structured exercise and rehabilitation program. The program is broken into 4 distinct stages:
- Alignment / CV Fitness: Flexibility, range of motion and general fitness.
- Inner Unit / CV Fitness: inner core muscle control and general fitness.
- Outer Unit – CV Fitness: larger muscle groups, more advanced exercises and more specific fitness.
- Maintenance / Athletic: more advanced program to allow return to sport and work situations.
A typical consultation session will involve 30 minutes of specific one-on-one supervision by the therapist followed by 20-30 minutes of cardiovascular exercise using state of the art equipment.
The program involves a commitment from you to attend sessions 2-3 times each week for a minimum of 4 weeks.
No Lock-in Contracts!
There are no lock-in contracts so you can suspend the program at any time should you be going on holidays or are unable to attend for a short period – a home exercise program will be given to ensure continued success.
- Initial Physiotherapy Assessment and Program Design (1 hour)
- Treatment / Exercise Consultation Sessions (30mins plus CV time)
- Private health fund rebates are available for all consults. Insurance patients are billed directly to the insurer.